The Grudge

Like a lot of guys who were wearing a uniform and packing a rifle when Jane Fonda posed with the North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, I've held a grudge for the past almost 40 years. This despite the fact that I knew this was a stupid war and I really liked Barbarella.

Anyway, I watched part of her interview with Larry King (despite the fact that I really hate Larry King). I didn't find her explanation/justification particularly convincing, but I did find I couldn't hold a grudge anymore. The fact is the lady has a truly magical voice. It's amazing how much of our impression of a person is derived from the voice, though I guess it doesn't surprise many actors.

On the more Satanic side, I think much of Cheney's influence comes from his resonant and powerful seeming voice. I don't see much evidence that the man is other than a rather dim ideologue, but his voice has some magic too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer