What the bleep do we know?

OK, this movie probably doesn't deserve a review. A mostly plotless mess of mystical nonsense, it does have a lot of scientists talking about quantum mechanics, psychology, and neurophysiology, and linking them in implausible ways.

I watched this movie with my wife though, and while I doubtless annoyed her with numerous snorts of derision, her biggest surprises were in reaction to some of the points where they discussed real quantum phenomena and I said "yeah that part is real." The genuine oddity of quantum reality is stranger than the mystical hocus pocus we make up.

I am a little surprised that they got real physicists to associate themselves with this.

The movie has a website here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli