Midnight

Any political blogger who wasn't already envious of Arianna Huffington just got their official comeuppance. Ahmad Chalabi was in town for chats with Cheney and Rumsfeld, as well as a little slumming at the American Enterprise Institute. Before the meet with C&R though, he invited Arianna out for a late dinner . Let me offer up one tidbit in case you were so foolish as to consider not checking out the link:
As I said, it was a surreal night -- made even more so when my cell phone rang at 12:30 a.m. It was John Cusack, who had come with me to the Council on Foreign Relations to hear Chalabi speak earlier in the day.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm having dinner with Ahmad Chalabi," I replied (not a line I get to use very often).

I turned to Chalabi and asked if it would be okay to ask Cusack to join us. "He's an American actor," I volunteered.

"I know, I know..." he interrupted, and went on to reel off a list of Cusack's movies, including Being John Malkovich and The Thin Red Line. I was going to offer up Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil but bit my tongue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer