Thanks!

Even the crankiest of us should take a bit of time off to celebrate our blessings. So here goes: I'm thankful for my wife, my two great sons, my parents, and my siblings. I'm thankful to live in a country that is still pretty free and a good place to live. I'm thankful to have a job I like.

More blog relevantly, I'm thankful that the American people are waking up to the fact that we've put our fate so largely in the hands of scoundrels and incompetents.

I'm greatful that some people actually seem to read some of my rantings, and expecially for those who comment. I have learned something from each of you, and from some a lot. When I look around the blogosphere, I'm always amazed and humbled by how many people are writing such good stuff. The letters written by Civil War soldiers impress me with how literary and eloquent these ordinary soldiers once were. I think we may hope that the blogosphere is our chance for ordinary people (and others) to develop out literary and other abilities.

I should also thank Lubos, who for better and worse, first provoked me into blogging, and has also been, perhaps inadvertently, generous in providing both material for my fulminations and commentary on them. The bloggers on my blogroll have been especially educational to me, as has Lee.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli