Hating Hillary

Susan Estrich, a liberal obnoxious and funny looking enough to rate frequent Fox News gigs, has written The Case for Hillary Clinton. I'm not likely to read it, but hearing about it prompted me to think about why I really hate the thought of her as a Democratic presidential candidate.

It's actually not personal - or at least mainly not personal. Though her voice does grate on my nerves.

a) She is Bill Clinton's wife. I like Bill Clinton. He is very charming and intelligent. He was even a good President until his philandering and perjury got him caught up in fighting stupid political charges. Those same misdeeds destroyed the Democratic party and cost them the next two elections. We would have been far better off if he had been convicted and removed from office. Too bad the Republicans were too stupid to charge him with his real crime.

But even if he had been a perfect, saintly, and universally beloved President, I would still find his Presidency disqualifying for Hillary. The US does not need dynasties. We are trying it now and it only took eight years and one generation to get to the idiot prince. The Adams' presidencies were about a quarter century apart. That should be the absolute minimum for one family.

b) Her public positions are models of unprincipled expediency. There is no there there.

c) The hint of corruption clings to her, starting from her Little Rock escapades.

d) Too many people hate her. She is unlikely to be elected. She is not a likeable person, so far as I can tell.

e) If it were personal, I'd put some stuff here. But it isn't, so I deleted a bunch of stuff that some might have so construed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli