If I Only Had a Brain

A slightly better one, that is. Steve Hsu's pursuit of IQ 1000 reminds me of a few, mostly quite modest, improvements that I would like for my current wetware.

a)More durable memory. Steve reports that after reading a book, John von Neumann could recall every word. That would be useful.

b)Faster learning. Why should endless repetition be needed to learn a new skill, like math, piano or Spanish?

c)More alacrity at puzzle and problem solving.

d)Faster neural cycling times. Milliseconds drag on. I wouldn't even need anything like the full million fold speedup to silicon based times - a modest factor of 1000 would be cool. Heck, even a factor of ten might be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer